Monday, April 10, 2006

W- Will Blog for Employment?

did you notice how I left the gender of the really attractive friend ambiguious?  this is so everyone can enjoy their own mental image.  this is because i am a considerate writer who cares about his readers
I, too, loathe car alarms. Ryan North is right again!

I know, I know, my 3.61 person mean readership is totally dying for an update. Okay, probably not! Besides, if you're reading this for any kind of personal news about me, you should probably just read
Alexis' blog instead.

Every time I think about posting something, there are either too few or too many things that need to be said. After that, I think about how everything I post will look like a terrible mass of text because I can't put two spaces behind my sentences and I find myself utterly unmotivated. I'm totally seething right now. Maybe I should use underscores instead._ Yeah._ I almost like that._ Almost.

Either way, I've been pretty busy, and when I haven't been pretty busy, I've been playing a little
Suikoden, which maybe I can touch on a bit, since I'm just ignoring homework and sitting in the Union anyway. Suikoden is a decent game, but it does maybe have a bit of the usual RPG feel to it. It has a few more uncommon types of battles (one-on-one and army based), but it really breaks down to the normal party-style battles, where you have to tell each character what to do 30 times, even though it's always the same thing. To its credit, it has a "Free Will" selection in party battles, but it's really only useful when there are one or two weak enemies left to finish off. Any more than that and there are simply more efficient ways to dispense damage than each character simply doing a regular attack on a random target.

Other than that, it's a pretty swell game, even if it feels a bit primitive for the PSX, and I'll leave it at that, because I'm pretty sure Jason's the only one who really cares about Suikoden 'round these parts!

In other news,
they're doing a remake of The Ten Commandments. Now, your gut reaction, like mine, might be "What was wrong with Charlton Heston, you commies? He's only the friggin' man!", but then you'd be discounting the other original. So I guess what you really should be asking is "What was wrong with the Bible, you commies? The Word of God's not good enough for you anymore?" I think the only solution is to continue to freshen and remake every aspect of our society every, say, 30 or so years. We're already doing it, and Heston's version was totally pushing 50 anyway. A- And let's not forget that Hollywood's pretty much out of original material at this point - everything's been done. All I'm saying is that it won't be as good!

Some of you may have heard about a
random dog that showed up on our deck that we very nearly adopted before finding his owners. He was pretty sweet. I guess he showed up again yesterday or something and then left later of his own volition.

I know I'm forgetting a lot of things that I planned to say in this post, but this is getting long again and my palm keeps bumping the touchpad and moving my cursor up into my Charlton Heston paragraph, so I'd say this is all you're getting for now (and probably more than you wanted).


Also, is smaller text okay? Better? Worse? Too hard to read?

I might have to watch
Cocktail tonight._ I'm totally in the mood!

PS:
Bee Boxing!

2 Comments:

At 10/4/06 23:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree! I hate car alarms too. Especially the ones that go off for hours, and hours and never stop! =o

But if you get around to Suikoden II it gets a lot better! I liked Suikoden I, but I will have to admit that Suikoden II was my favorite. It also gets someone easier especially when you get Viktor decked out with some awesome damage runes.

 
At 13/4/06 10:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are crazy. but lovable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home